1.1.2 or 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Theprof, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Theprof

Theprof New Member

Hey,

Currently I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 where everything like customize, summerboard, music etc works perfectly. Is it worth going to 1.1.4? or should I just stick with 1.1.2.

For me the main reason to go to 1.1.4 would be for the SDK, but at the moment is it really worth switching over?

Thanks guys.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. 18.4009

18.4009 New Member

3. Theprof

Theprof New Member

Thanks for the reply. I tried searching for something like this but couldn't find much, I guess I'll need to pay more attention. To be honest the only thing keeping me back is the fact that people are experiencing issues with customize and I use that application quite a few times.

Thanks again.
  4. 18.4009

18.4009 New Member

Customize was a huge issue for me also. I got it working really easy in 1.1.4 and I am a newb to all this so it can be done.
    The biggest thing I miss from 1.1.2 is having 5 icons in the bottom bar

Please Register or Log in to view images

I loved that feature and now it wont work....Only other thing I have found that customize wont do so far is change the word (ipod) in the top left to what ever you want. No matter what I change it to it stays (ipod).
    If you use 1.1.4 and want customize read this A Great Modded Version Of Customize!!!

This is the instructions I followed and it got customize working nice!

Hope this helps.

5. Theprof

Theprof New Member

Thanks, I am going to backup all my wallpapers and make a note of all the apps I have installed and will try to upgrade to 1.1.4.

Hopefully everything goes well.

Thanks again.
  6. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i would say stay at 1.1.2 because 1.1.4 is kinda buggy and also 1.1.2 is more customizable that 1.1.4 but thats just my two cents. the reason i switch was because of the fact i could only have two icons in my dock
  7. Theprof

Theprof New Member

I had a 1.1.3 jailbroken before and I had so many issues with it that I ended up going back down to 1.1.2 and right now it's perfect as it is. I'll think about it and maybe in a few months or so I might upgrade to 1.1.4 when it's a little more stable.