1.1.2 or 1.1.3 question, please answer =D.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by GreekBoii, Jan 29, 2008.

1. GreekBoii

GreekBoii New Member

im currently running on jailbroken 1.1.2 and see how everyone is talking about jalibreaking 1.1.3. My installer in 1.1.2 takes forever to refresh sources, im not sure if this is how it is supposed to act, or if its a sign i should just jailbreak 1.1.3. So my question is, at this point is it worth jailbreaking 1.1.3 or should i wait until everything is working 100%?
  2. Darkdoom

Darkdoom New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Doing a 1.1.3 Jailbreake I had quite some problems and had to restore 1-2 times. Keep that in mind that JB 1.1.3 means you could/will loose all your apps ect..

(You can install them after that...some even migth no longer work until they get an update by their devs)

I can tell you from my experiencec that you wont miss much exept the "wiggling" feature.

The problem you described might come from too many sources you have in your installer. The latest Installer updates should have set an faster timeout for lagging sources but sometimes this wont work either (just my experience)

In my oppinion it is not worth risking your well working 1.1.2 JB iPod

...unless you want to be state of the art
  3. kingtigre

kingtigre New Member

I agree. I had mine Jailbroken to 1.1.3 and while everything was, at first, great. I eventually restarted my ipod to find a system restore setting waiting for me. Currently 1.1.3 Jailbreaks are far too buggy IMHO. So I went back to 1.1.2. I'm much happier. iPod Touch's are like a computer in so many ways. Including the whole format-it-and-reinstall-software-and-it-runs-better way.
  4. GreekBoii

GreekBoii New Member

Alright thanks, i think you guys are probably right about the sources. Ill delete a few. Ive read a lot about 1.1.3 being buggy and acting weird so i wasnt sure if it was the right thing to do. After reading this im pretty sure ill keep my 1.1.2 until JB 1.1.3 is fully 100%.
    Thanks for the help guys =D. Appreciate it.
  5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Well, my 1.1.3 jailbroken iPod touch now works absolutely perfectly. The Wiggle thing is mainly just a convenience; I upgraded for the other features, such as the ability to Bookmark specific spots on Google Maps and get directions directly to and from that place, and Web Clips, to name but two things. Another bonus is that if you want to set your iPod to "Sleep" after a certain amount of minutes, you can now do other things in the meantime; before, if you closed the Clock Application. the action would reset to a ringtone, but in 1.1.3, the "Sleep iPod" command sticks. Another obvious advantage is that you can transfer Movie Rentals to the iPod Touch if you've installed 1.1.3 .

In other words, I think that if you can see yourself wanting to use some of the new features, then jailbreaking 1.1.3 is definitely worth doing. And if you do decide to do it, then I give you (or anyone else, within reason) permission to PM Me if you have any problems that can't be solved by looking at the stickies in the forum.