1.1.2 Jailbroken to 1.1.4 jailbroken ipod touch NOOB help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Fiel, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Fiel

Fiel New Member

Hi!I'm just a noob in this ipod touch world and I have a 1.1.2. jailbroken 8GB ipod touch.
    Well, I'd like to get my ipod to a 1.1.4. jaibroken version, but I've been reading so many things about this subject that I don't know what to do..Shall I use ziphone?Are there any other better methods?

Sorry for the nooby questions, but i'm completely lost about this.Could you help?
    Thankx
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

If you want to go to 1.1.4 then just restore to firmware 1.1.4 and then use Ziphone to jailbreak it )2.5c the latest version worked great on my 8gb touch but some people seem to have issues so expect to have to mess a bit.

The main issue is, if you want all your current apps and their settings back you will have to back up /Applications and /var/root to your computer. You can reinstall the apps from installer but those that store data in var/root will not have your preferences if you did not back it up. In addition 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 have a new storage area /var/mobile which some apps now use and others still use the old /var/root so you have to ssh the files into the correct folder.

You can go to 1.1.4 with Ziphone quite easily, there are many threads on the subject, but if you want your ipo ipod to be how it is now you can expect to spend quite a bit of time with SSH, starting off with backing up what you have (I have done this for the whole file system prior to any break). To get mail etc and the app layout feature you would either need to pay for it or install one of the repos that has them for free (search january update).
  3. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

use the ZiiPhone in my signature
  4. Fiel

Fiel New Member

Thakx you both..I'll try the ziphone then...Hope it works!!

Please Register or Log in to view images