1.1.2 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by carrotcake, Dec 2, 2007.

1. carrotcake

carrotcake New Member

I just got this iPod, and there seems to be a lot of fuss over This installer.app and jailbreak, but when I try to install the 1.1.2 version, safari still says it won't download, why?
  2. Phreaky_McGeek

Phreaky_McGeek New Member

Because you can't Jailbreak on a 1.1.2 iPod.

Please use the search button and read the stickies, they have all the guides you need to getting started.
  3. iPodTouchProduct

iPodTouchProduct New Member

4. lars.quo

lars.quo New Member

Jailbreak?

Hi just a question i'm thinking of buying a iPod Touch,
    But is the jailbreak a easy thing to do or does it require a lot of steps time and problems?
  5. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's quite easy, it just takes a while because you have to download the 1.1.1 firmware if you need to downgrade from 1.1.2 (which will mostly likely be your case), then the 1.1.2 firmware as you update again, each being about 150MB.

Check one of the guides to see if you feel comfortable with the kind of procedure, just to be sure: http://www.g3fusion.com/?p=15

All in all, you must expect things to change and get more complicated if Apple releases another firmware, but ultimately they will release an official SDK so all this hopefully won't be necessary anymore (unless they keep the same kind of tight leash on 3rd-party application development which is a possibility).

I'd say go for it, this is a great gadget to mess with

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. lars.quo

lars.quo New Member

Ok thanx i'm getting my iPod this saturday so i'm really looking forward to it

Is it true that apple is going to release an update with more functions like mail, maps etc.. Or am i always going to need jailbreak for those functions?
  7. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What they said is they will release an SDK early 2008, although the announcement was curiously removed from the Hot News page on Apple website but is still on their development site, so it's probably not so hot anymore for them

Rumour has it that a beta version was already made available to VIP partners.
  8. jfschultz

jfschultz New Member

This sounds reasonable. It will allow the VIP partners to start their development and only need to do a recompile with the official version. We may see these programs available for download very quickly once the official SDK is released.
  9. lars.quo

lars.quo New Member

I was just talking with some people and they said that to install apps like mail and google maps you have to do something else besides jailbreaking. Is this true?

10. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nothing complicated, you only have to install two little packages before installing Mail and Google Maps:
    • Mobile Mail Prep for 1.1.2 before Apple MobileMail 1.1.2
    • Google Maps Prep 1.1.2 before Apple Google Maps 1.1.2