1.1.2 jailbreak not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by LukeRocksALot, Jan 27, 2008.

1. LukeRocksALot

LukeRocksALot New Member

I have tried all day for about 8 hours.......and i still cannot get the 1.1.2 jailbreak to work.
    I have started with a 1.1.1 .....then install appsnap ,then installed oktoprep......pluged it into my comp and then hold shift + click restore....restored it to 1.1.2 then ejct it from itunes....remove itunes process,from task manager......then when i run the windows.bat it say i have to install oktoprep..i have itunes 7.5 btw........this is very frustrating....i have tried ipodtouchmaster's video and followed the same steps as him and i still get that error....so what's up?If anybody else has the problem plz post..and there also needs to be a source so that we dont have to update to get the 1.1.3 features- it will just install them on a 1.1.1 jailbroken ipod
  2. RedBooster

RedBooster New Member

Theres been alot of posts about the "octoprep" error, I havn't had this problem so I cant help, my best suggestion is to seach or just look at the newest topic (Octoprep error explain), there should be a fix in there.
  3. LukeRocksALot

LukeRocksALot New Member

nates jailbreak process was very easy for me......but a complete failure for not being able to listen to music...now im stuck w a 1.1.1 jailbroken ipod touch,i hope they fix this problem
  4. pared

pared New Member

Guarantee it has a lot to do with people doing shift-restore instead of shift-UPDATE after oktoprep.
  5. Garmer

Garmer New Member

You have to click hold shift and click update. If you click restore it will delete the changes oktoprep made
  6. LukeRocksALot

LukeRocksALot New Member

are you serious?so thats what i have been doing wrong?@!?!damnit lol

THANK YOU GUYS !
  7. RedBooster

RedBooster New Member

Look at the official jailbreak by Dev Team, it keeps the DRM so your bought music from iTunes will work.

Haha, im amazed I missed that mistake lol, hope your on your way now!
  8. LukeRocksALot

LukeRocksALot New Member

thanks again you guys i got it working!
  9. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

I'm having a similar problem, but with mine I hit shift and update and when I go to jailbreak it couple flash patches and it stops jailbreaking check out my thread..
    Here

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. pared

pared New Member

No problem. It's a common error in these steps. You train yourself to hit shift restore but tend to forget you can do shift-update as well...