1.1.2 jailbreak isnt working

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by grant_gibson, Dec 3, 2007.

1. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

Ive searched and searched llooking foir an answer but i cant find one, well i did find one but when i did it it didnt work.

Ive downgraded, installed oktoprep,upgraded and downloaded the jailbreak but it opens and closes instantly, then i restored my ipod because for some reason i thought this might have something to do with ssh on tried again but it still wont work, i try it with all the processes on and it doesnt work and with them all of and it still closes instantly, please help.
  2. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

help....anyone?
  3. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You have to have 1.1.1 jailbroken before installing oktoprep. Try that. Also don't double post, give people time to see your post, its not like your post is the only one on here.
  4. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

it was jailbroken and installed oktoprep, and sorry but i really want 1.1.2 on here asap, ive restored so i have no apps, im having withdrawel symptoms!!
  5. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There isn't much info for us to brew on...

Are you under Windows?

If you open a command-line window, go the directory you unzipped jailbreak, and start the windows.bat, what message do you get? It might be that your Java installation is not correct, for example.
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Just a note. First, it is impossible to install oktoprep without jailbreaking, so there you go. Second, he did give a considerable amount of time (3 hours) and bumping after 3 hours (once) should be fine for a problem such as this.

On a positive note, restore and jailbreak 1.1.1 again. Have your apps. You don't need 1.1.2. All that adds is adding calendar and a few other MINOR MINUTE details. The calendar function can be added from installer.
  7. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

it isnt a message it just opens and closes like in split second, how ever many times i try it just opens and closes straight away and yes im in windows.
  8. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It can't just open and close if you start a .bat from the console

Please Register or Log in to view images

I mean, open a command-line window by Start / Run, type in "cmd", return.

EDIT: or just edit windows.bat and add a line with "pause" at the end, it'll be fine.
  9. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

how would i go about openeing it then, through command prompt?
  10. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You just type "windows.bat". Do the edit thing, if you feel more comfortable with that.