1.1.2 fix the time/date sync mess?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by blackolive, Nov 22, 2007.

1. blackolive

blackolive New Member

Hi folks. Sorry if this is asked/ answered elsewhere - I did search. I wonder if the update to 1.1.2 fixes teh date/time scrambling that happens on sync? It is a nuisance and more important to me to fix that than get the other aspects of teh update.
    a second question: my touch is jailbroken, does upgrading remove all my 3rd party apps? - It seems like it does from what people are writing, I just wanted a definite yes or no.
    Thanks from blackolive in Kabul.
  2. blackolive

blackolive New Member

no one?

Can believe no one knows if the 1.1.2 fix fixes the time/ date sync thingy??
  3. szeltman6311

szeltman6311 New Member

EVERYBODY asks this same question. if you would just look up you would see the "Way too frequently asked questions" post STICKIED on the iPod Touch mods page. You don't even have to search!!!! It's right there in front of your face!!!
  4. blackolive

blackolive New Member

Umm, actually I cant find any reference to the time date sync problem. So maybe EVERYBODY asks the second question, but there is little reference to the first... and if there is, then the search function on this forum sucks, because I have searched, alot.
  5. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

I haven't even heard of 'teh date/time scrambling', never even seen it (using 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod), so I don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, upgrading to 1.1.2 does remove all your 3rd party applications but jailbreaking and following the guide that is staring you in the face you will learn how to jailbreak 1.1.2

Sticky: GUIDE: 1.1.1 to Jailbroken 1.1.2

Yes.
  6. blackolive

blackolive New Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply. the time/date scrambling occurs when you reconnect the Touch after your laptop has been hibernating, and if iTunes has been open - the ipod time/date scrambles to any random date in teh last few months. It is annoying - and well documented. Those who use desktops probly dont notice, but for me, all I use is a laptop and frequently hibernate it, and it is a hassle to have to correct the date / time.
    Surfing this forum from AFghanistan is not easy, given the low bandwidth and power-outs, but thanks anyway. I appreciate it.
  7. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

Then that's why I haven't seen it

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. achufong

achufong New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @blackolive:

So if I close iTunes before I put the laptop into hibernate, it should be fine
  9. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Wow, thats good to know. I've noticed it, but I never knew why this happened before. Like right now, my ipod says 1:43 on July 19. But its 8:31 over here in California. Hmmm, glad I found this out. Thanks.
  10. dadedesigns

dadedesigns New Member

this has also happen to me. Its rather annoying.