1.1.2 Automatic Restore Mode HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jakesem, Feb 19, 2008.

1. jakesem

jakesem New Member

K guys, i'm in kind of a weird situation. I've read some of the other threads but nothing quite fits my situation, so I thought it would be safer to post my problem here.

Ok, so basically I'm on 1.1.2 and my Ipod is entering what I believe to be restore mode on its own. I've never actually witnessed this, but often times when I lock the ipod over night, I wake up to find that I'm unable to unlock the ipod. I have to hold on to the home and sleep buttons at the same time in order to turn the ipod back on. Sometimes, the battery is half drained, while other times it's completely drained. On one occassion I plugged the ipod into my comp while the battery was dead and Itunes stated that it detected my ipod in restore mode. The Ipod screen turned white and I unplugged it. However my music and apps were still there. In fact, I let it charge and it was just fine.

Right now, I don't really understand what my ipod is doing at all, but I need to fix it. So my choices are to manually restore my ipod to factory settings, to upgrade to 1.1.3 and see what happens, or to use the ibricker thing that I've been reading about. Any suggestions?
  2. jakesem

jakesem New Member

Bump

Oh and it actually may be going into recovery mode by itself rather than restore mode, I get the two mixed up pretty often.... but I'm not completely sure... all I know for sure is that, somehow, the ipod is automatically doing something that prevents it from being unlocked (without holding onto home and sleep) and this is draining the battery
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

First of all, give people time to answer your thread, don't bump it fifteen minutes after bumping it.

As far as the problem goes, are you leaving your iPod connected to your computer overnight? Does this only happen at night. If you leave it during the day, does the same thing happen?

I think the best fix (if you aren't leaving your iPod connected to the Computer) would be to completely start from scratch. Not restore mode, not recovery mode, but DFU mode. Then restore back to 1.1.1. Try that out for a few days to see if the problem persists. If it does, then bring your iPod back for a new one. IF it does not persist, then upgrade to 1.1.2 and test again.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

I'd say thats a manufacturing error made by apple. probably the software upload to your ipod was messed up or disrupted. I'd restore it, take it back to wherever you bought it from, and tell them whats going on. they usually have to give you a replacement, because it was a manufacturing problem.

other than that, I'm not sure what to say.
  5. jakesem

jakesem New Member

Sorry guys, just got a little anxious.

But I just want to throw this out there. I've had the ipod since November and this has only been happenning for about a week.
  6. jakesem

jakesem New Member

And no, the ipod is not connected overnight. I don't believe that the time is a factor, because this has happened during the day as well. However, most of the time, the ipod will be in my pocket and everything will be fine. It's usually overnight, when the ipod is locked, that something happens to it.
  7. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

get a wall charger then set auto lock to never and turn battery down there!!
  8. jakesem

jakesem New Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I actually ended up upgrading to 1.1.3 and it stopped.. So now I'm just waiting for the 1.1.3 hard jailbreak