1.1.1 vs 1.1.2 vs 1.1.3 vs 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by isisisaac, Feb 27, 2008.

1. isisisaac

isisisaac New Member

HI Guys,

This is my 1st post and i love this forum sooooo much.

I got a question, I am currently using 1.1.1 jailbroken. I wonder whether I should upgrade to 1.1.3 or 1.1.2?

I have searched and found that some say 1.1.3 got a lot of problems with software...but beside from that.....is it more stable? Faster?

I do suggest we can have a post called "Comparision of various firmware" so that users can take reference from whether they should upgrade or not.

Thanks.
  2. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Currently the best firmware is a JailBroken 1.1.2
  3. rs2pro

rs2pro New Member

I totally agree with Ezra
  4. oldmanmarley

oldmanmarley New Member

1.1.3 jb gets you the wiggle and the ability to add shortcuts to sites. 1.1.2 jb is good enough, you don't need to update.
  5. AssLikeThat

AssLikeThat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    apparently 1.1.3 has longer battery life though.
  6. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

1.1.2 JB is perfect.. I don't care what anyone says.. Just enough Battery Life usage, no bugs, everything runs normally..
  7. shugan02

shugan02 New Member

well i use 1.1.3. and nothing has gone wrong for me. but idk really know about the tecnical stuff so ya. but i got summerboard and customize fully working.
  8. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It has all of 1.1.3's features and more stability.
    Anyone who says otherwise just wants all of their crappy "must have" applications to work, and they'll be the ones left in the dust when nothing works.
  9. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am on 1.1.2 and I plan to stay on it at least until the SDK comes out. Once that is out, I will re-evaluate my stance.

The reason that I'm still on 1.1.2 can be summed up in three words: compatibility, stability, convenience.

With the changes in 1.1.3, it rendered some applications unusable, others unstable, and to me I didn't see any advantage. Yes, it adds wiggling icons and web-apps, but web-apps can easily be made and Customize works perfectly for rearranging the icons.

Another problem I have with 1.1.3 is that each jailbreak seems to offer an advantage, but none of them work perfectly. I don't want to mess around for an hour trying to get my sound to work, or spend half an hour getting summerboard to show up, I just want my iPod to work.

And in terms of convenience, my lazyness kicks in. There is nothing in 1.1.3 that can't be duplicated in some way with 1.1.2, so I don't see the need of going through and getting everything set up the way I want it, when it is already perfect.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

BTW, since 1.1.4 is essentially the same thing as 1.1.3 I didn't mention it, but you can just as substitue 1.1.4 in whenever I mention 1.1.3.