1.1.1 to 1.1.4 using iJailbrake

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by josephpausini, Apr 10, 2008.

1. josephpausini

josephpausini New Member

Hello, I'm posting to ask if any of you know if it's ok to what I'm about to do.

I have an 1.1.1 iPod touch jailbroken, but I want to upgrade to 1.1.4 and obviously Jailbrake it. I have a mac, so the way I jailbroke my ipod the first time was by using iJailBreak. Now, I want to know if I can upgrade to 1.1.4 and then Jailbrake it using iJaildBrake. I know I'll loose all my apps, but i just want to know if it's effective and if i won't mess up my iPod.
  2. Elric

Elric New Member

It is the ONLY way for a Mac user to REALLY jailbreak it, it's FLAWLESS! See my Sig

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Is that going to install all the symlinks and stuff for him also? If not PM me and get the full deal.
  4. josephpausini

josephpausini New Member

i just updated to 1.1.4 via iTunes, but now iTunes doesn't recognize my iPod :S and when I click music or videos it just crashes?!
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Your ipod or itunes?
  6. josephpausini

josephpausini New Member

7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Turn it off, unplug it, hold the home button and plug it back in. That will put it into recovery mode and then do another restore. If that doesn't work you have bad firmware or the ipod is screwed up. I can give you the easiest jailbreak method if you can get it back into stock firmware. When you do the restore this time and it gets finished set it up as a new ipod with a different name. You can always change it later.
  8. Elric

Elric New Member

Easier than 1 click and 30 seconds?
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Does it create all the symlinks between the root and mobile libraries, install BSD Subsystem, SUID Lib Fix, BSD Subsystem 2.0 Term Fix, etc? Every program jailbreaks in 30 secs. That is easy as pie, it's all the things you have to do after that matter.
  10. josephpausini

josephpausini New Member

Thankss a lot!! I got it back and running =] i just jailbroke it using iJailbreak! thanks again!