1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 upgrade method

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by nebuchad34, Feb 3, 2008.

1. nebuchad34

nebuchad34 New Member

Hi,

One you are in 1.1.1, everybody tels you that you have to use ijailbreakmobile and do not need to go though 1.1.2. Unfortunately, I had some issuses with this process, my 1.1.3 update with iJM stopped at the end every time and i had to reboot the ipod. I was then in 1.1.3 but there were some bugs !

The thing is, you CAN jailbreak 1.1.2 with iTunes 7.6 and THEN use iJM for 1.1.2.

HOW TO :

download the 1.1.1 restore ipsw file and downgrade to 1.1.1 (recovery mode in itunes, ALT+CLIC on RESTORE)

Go to http://jailbreakme.com with your ipod touch and install AppSnapp : You are now jailbroken in 1.1.1.

Installer.app >> System >> BSD subsystem >> INSTALL
    Installer.app >> Tweaks (1.1.1) >> Oktoprep >> INSTALL

go back in iTunes, ALT+CLIC on the UPDATE button and choose the 1.1.2 update ispw file you downloaded.

when you're under 1.1.2, still connected to your Mac (or PC I guess) quit iTunes and run the jailbreak.jar (Mac) or the windows.bat (PC) (follow teh instruction for the "normal" oktoprep method)

Once that is done, your iPod might be in Recovery mode ! No Panic, just download and launch Independance 1.3.2b and launch it, your iPod will come nicely to his homescreen.

You can now use the ijailbreakmobile for 1.1.2

(sorry for the english, I'm french)
  2. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So i guess french people are stupid...

This so old, everybody knows this... I am sorry, i think this is useless, and has been posted before
  3. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ur installer prob crashed when u used ijailbreakmobile cuz u didnt have the sapce to do the installation
  4. nebuchad34

nebuchad34 New Member

"So i guess french people are stupid"

Yes they are, and you are the smartest guy ever

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ipodtouchman23

ipodtouchman23 New Member

You are way off the line bro. You can't just say something like that. You don't barely know the person.
  6. ZeRoNiXx

ZeRoNiXx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    god, that was dickish.
    just let him know WITHOUT having a heart attack and insulting his nationality