1.1.1 jailbroken to 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by wildseal2003, Jun 5, 2008.

1. wildseal2003

wildseal2003 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been on my 1.1.1 8gb touch for a while now. i would like to upgrade to a jailbroken 1.1.4 without losing all of my apps and music. is this possible? can i just copy everything on my 1.1.1 ipod to a temporary folder via ssh then upgrade to 1.1.4 through itunes then jailbreak? are there any disadvantages of using 1.1.4 over 1.1.1?
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Any jailbreak will involve a restore, so you will lose your apps, music, etc.

For backing it up, you should be able to. It would require some work though, since 1.1.1 looks in the root directory while 1.1.4 uses mobile (Ex. var/root, var/mobile). Create symlinks for Library and Media folders and you should be set (be sure to not have any apps that are 1.1.1/2 specific).

However, I always prefer to just go back and re-install just because it is safer and there is less possibility of a "glitch" within the apps. Your choice.

1.1.4 runs faster, almost all apps are compatible, and everything done in 1.1.1 (themes, other.artwork, keyboard skinning) can be done with 1.1.4 and more themes are available.)
    1.1.4 is the way to go

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, remember after jailbreak to run the keyboard fix here
    I also just came across this guide. Look here if you need help with the jailbreak

Good Luck

3. wildseal2003

wildseal2003 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can i get the new apps (mail, calc, maps, etc.) from installer? or does it already come with it when i upgrade? also is the playlist problem fixed where the recently played and recently added playlists are all messed up?
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

I'll PM you the source for 1.1.4 apps (installed via Installer.app). Because it concern piracy, no one can post the actual source.

As for the playlist, I never use it so I was never aware of it

It most likely is, but once you upgrade you will see it

5. wildseal2003

wildseal2003 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i jailbroke to 1.1.4 and i backed up my music from the media folder via ssh before i did. I'm trying to restore my songs that i backed up but there is no media folder when i ssh on 1.1.4. where does the music go on 1.1.4?
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Media/iTunes_Control

They are labeled funny in it but you can export them from that file after you copy to your pc.
  7. wildseal2003

wildseal2003 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i cant find the media folder and also would i have to rename every song if i add it via itunes?