1.1.1 iPhone apps on 1.1.2 ipod status

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mahger, Nov 11, 2007.

1. mahger

mahger New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As far as I can tell all of the apps are working except for mail, which works fine until it loads mail. If anyone else discovers something please post it here.

Edit: The final conclusion is that all 1.1.1 apps except mail work with 1.1.2. The mail and accompanying settings files from 1.1.2 work fine on 1.1.2 for the iPod.
  2. Turbobrik

Turbobrik New Member

so far everything works except for mail and maps, does anyone know if there is a way to extract the .ipsw firmware file that itunes opens? That way I could download the iphone version to get to the apps?
  3. mahger

mahger New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im not having any trouble with maps, are you sure you put GIMM.framework in the correct location?
  4. Turbobrik

Turbobrik New Member

ok maps is now working, I looked back and low and behold I stuck the framework in privateframeworks and not frameworks, so it looks like the mail.app is the only one not working now.
  5. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    right. so how do we go about getting the updated mail.app? i know we cant post a link at this site, but perhaps someone could describe some sort of "magical location" on the web where such an app could be downloaded.

any thoughts?
  6. emissary

emissary New Member

Considering mail is one of the main reasons I jailbroke my iPod Touch, I'd love to be able to get it working on 1.1.2 as well. I know people aren't allowed to upload iPhone apps to this site, but aren't they allowed to link to them if they're hosted on another site? After all, there is a sticky thread about how to install 1.1.1 iPhone apps, complete with links to the apps.
  7. mahger

mahger New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im in the works of decrypting the iphone firmware but im way over my head, im kinda a noob at this. I have all the files and keys and stuff, but I have no idea what to type in to the command prompt to get it to work. If anyone could help me out, ide greatly appreciate it. Im using windows with vfdecrypt112
  8. stinkeye

stinkeye New Member

yeah we need a mail.app fast... it's driving me crazy
  9. Mario

Mario New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i thought that losing the mail app for a little would be ok...
    now im pissed i have to go to my computer instead of whipping out my touch!
  10. mahger

mahger New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Me and a bunch of other people have succesfully extraced the apps from the 1.1.2 iphone firmware. I cant give any links here, but I can say that its working fine with the updated versions. I also know that AriX (the maker or ijailbreak) will be releasing an auto iphone app intstaller tomarow, which inside the zip file will contain the 1.1.2 apps.