1.1.1 firmware restore problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by rktsci, Jan 31, 2008.

1. rktsci

rktsci New Member

Ok...I've tried looking and can't find an answer to my problem.

I had the 1.1.3 jailbreak go bad and want to restore back to 1.1.1. I've found a couple of sources for the 1.1.1 firmware file. It looks like the file i'm downloading is a zip file but it gets extracted once the download is completed so I end up with a folder called '1.1.1 Restore' and then files but none of them recognized by itunes for the restore. The 1.1.2 firmware downloads properly and it looks like it will work. In case it matters, i'm using the Safari browser from OS10.5 with itunes 7.6.

Any ideas?
  2. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

Are you using a PC or Mac?
  3. rktsci

rktsci New Member

I am using a Mac
  4. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

Damn. I was kind of hoping that you were on a PC. That's what I use and I have all the firmwares.
    I'll give you a link to the ones that I have but I don't know if they will help.

iPod Touch Firmware 1.1.1:
    http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=V7H8X2QQ
    iPod Touch Firmware 1.1.2:
    http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=M8STXHC5

On a PC I can just hold down shift and click "Check for Updates" and then I can put on the firmware that I want but I am not sure how to do it on a Mac.
  5. rktsci

rktsci New Member

Those are one of the places I got the firmware from. As I said, the 1.1.2 appears ok but I haven't been able to try it yet as I haven't gotten the 1.1.1 to go. The only difference betwen the PC and the MAC is that you hold 'option' instead of 'shift' when you want to select the firmware file.

However I did just find a different source for the firmware that I will have to try later at home.
  6. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

Can I get the source so later on I could give that to someone else if they are having problems with the first one? And let me know how that goes. If your having any problems. Okay?
  7. rktsci

rktsci New Member

8. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

ok thanks. let me know how it goes.
  9. bubbaboy

bubbaboy New Member

ive been having the same problem and it looks like this one is the same one ive downloaded before and the mac does't recognize it, k did it before and i cant remember how, i feel dumb
  10. moleskine

moleskine New Member

Not really the topic, but I have a question: If I buy an iPod touch now, with 1.1.3 installed, and try to Jailbreak && it doesn't work for any reason. Is it possible to restore the 1.1.3? Probably a bit stupid, sorry, but I really worry 'bout that.
    thx.