1.1.1 -> 1.1.4 ???

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by bmvee, Mar 16, 2008.

1. bmvee

bmvee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    jailbreak (ziphone 2.6b) seems to be a pretty simple process. My Touch is currently jailbroken @ 1.1.1... what is the best approach for an update to 1.1.4??? The term "restore" seems a bit ambiguous on the forum. Is it meant by that that one is to update the firmware of the touch (like mine @ 1.1.1) to 1.1.4 using iTunes, then use ziphone?

I'm going to go for it, but I'm just a bit unclear. I really don't want to lose my videos & music on my touch.

I've read alot, but nothing really specific to this type of scenario. Your input is appreciated and I'll post my results when I try.

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Syn with iTunes, update to 1.1.4, jailbreak it!
  3. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    She's right about syncing to iTunes first, but you'll want to do a full restore before you jailbreak. Sorry.
  4. bmvee

bmvee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Actually... I sync'd with iTunes, updated to 7.61, installed 1.1.4 update with itunes.... and that's it! I'm just playing with installer now.... all i have to do is to find the additional sources and I'm set... I should have noted them as I read about them here, back to pouring through the threads.
  5. bmvee

bmvee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok... did everything in the Pimp my iPod 1.1.4 thread and i'm golden! This was a cakewalk. if you're a saavy user the whole process should be done in 20-40 minutes (including 1.1.4 iTunes update, ziphone JB and downloading WinSCP, adding sources...etc) depending on how fast you type and your internet connection. This really is a very simple update. Thanks to everyone who posted tutorials!

Please Register or Log in to view images