0xE800002 iTunes deosnt connect to iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by minkel, Mar 10, 2010.

1. minkel

minkel New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently Was forced to wipe my hdd and start a fresh. After reinstalling iTunes and going to sync my iPod is not recognised and 0xE800002 comes up as the code. I have no backup of iPod on my pc so I can't restore. What are my options??
  2. Gullash

Gullash Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    as the iPhone launches iTunes, I get a message "Unknown Error 0xE800002" in a Macintosh dialog box. So I unplug everything, plug it back in, and get "Unknown Error 0xE800002" again. I call the store, which forwards me to AppleCare, and the guy and I spend an hour trying to figure it out. "That's a Windows error code", he explains. "Good," I say. "I'm on a Mac." "Really?" he says. "Really."

After rebooting, restarting, repreferencing, we decide to quit iTunes, delete it, redownload it, reinstall it, and voila, I have an iPhone! Yippee! I'm not even pissed about the hour sucked out of my life with a Windows Error Code in the middle of my Mac screen.
  3. minkel

minkel New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All good and fixed. Found that i removed the wrong folder from ipod by accident thanks anyway. it all works well now