0xE8000001 Error when Restoring

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Renteura, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Renteura

Renteura Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I'm trying to Restore my iPod, and it appears to be wiped and at the "Connect to iTunes" screen, but then a dialog box pops up saying, "iTunes could not connect to the iPod"iPod touch"because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000001)" And I'm trying to boot in recovery mode and everything, and yes, I've searched, nothing seems to really help. Thanks in advance for helping a hopeless fail. Screenie is attached.

Oh, and I tried DFU.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: Hmm, probably no point in saying this, but it did the same thing again, except it said "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone"" because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000001)"
    And then went back to the iPod"iPod touch" thing. ;A;

Attached Files:

2. Renteura

Renteura Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Update: I tried using my mom's computer, and successfully got it restored, and has the home screen again, but I connected to my computer again, and it still gets the same error. So it's my computer. I tried different USB ports...

Update, yet again: I got it synced with my computer, and Windows Explorer gets an error, restarts, and what do you know - 0xE000065. I can't find this error on Google anywhere. At all. So, I guess it's a bit unlikely that anyone would know already, but just posting anyway. :B

#3: Uh, unplugged + plugged back in, and it works. D<