0xE8000001 Error for Paid Apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by kentl901, Sep 8, 2008.

1. kentl901

kentl901 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey all,

I jbed my Touch with 2.0.2 using QuickPWN. I had no problems before and was able to sync anything I throw at it.

Starting today, I had troubling installing apps that I downloaded onto my computer. As far as free apps and MP3 are concerned, no issues there at all.

I've been getting the error 0xE8000001. I did some research and people say that it's due to the USB driver issue. I'm running Vista and have manually uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled it using Device Manager. I also tried to restore my iPod to a clean firmware and QuickPWN it once more. Still no luck.

Again, this issue is isolated only to paid Apps. I'm currently using 7.7 Itunes.

Any ideas?! Thanks everybody!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Thinking about my steps, I realize that I left out an important step. I forgot to SSH into my touch and make the necessary changes.

Can someone point out the post which has the detailed instruction of what I need to do? I use to have this website to refer to, but now I no longer have that link...

Also, since the free apps don't have any issues, should I change the permission settings for those apps that I cannot sync?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
  2. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Sorry, but we can't discuss cracked apps here. You can get banned...
  3. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

yea I just got that error too :S and I paid for my apps.
  4. RileyBen

RileyBen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This has nothing to do with cracked apps. Sometimes when the device syncs it can get this error. I usually just try the sync again and it works.
  5. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I get it with the free apps of itunes...
  6. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Hmmm... you don't mean AppStore paid apps then, right? because you don't need to SSH for them to work.

Anyway, my bad.
  7. River

River New Member

Correct - when I moved my iPod from my iMac to my MacMini - I got that error. I just resynced, told it not to mess with my contacts and what-not and it was fine on the 2nd sync.