0 MB Remaining?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Devoo55, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Devoo55

Devoo55 New Member

I downloaded a movie last night and watched about half of it. When I woke up I tried to install an App and it came up that I had no memory. I went into settings to check the available memory and it said "0 bytes". I then deleted about 5 Applications that I didn't want anymore to free up some space for the app I wanted. I checked the settings and still, 0 bytes. What is happening? I am losing memory...

Also, the capacity is only 6.8 GB when I have a 8 GB iPod. What is wrong with my iPod?

btw, I do have a newly jailbroken 2G.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I also tried re-booting (which took 10 minutes) and still nothing.
  2. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

dunno about the 0 bytes thing (thats really strange)
    But not having the advertised space on the ipod is completely normal. The rest of the space is how much the actual OS takes up.
  3. S1Nisterxx

S1Nisterxx New Member

i have this too i looked in to it a little bit and for me at least after the redsn0w i now have a root and home folders all the things from cydia live in the / folder which is only 700 MB and all the old ipod files live in the nice 6 GB ish Home folder where the official apple apps and stuff from iTunes are. is there any way to increase the size of the / dir or is that just how redn0w does things right now