0.0 Getting iPhone replaced, a few questions!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jalexis4192, Oct 4, 2009.

1. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright, well I've had my phone for maybe 4 months now and I noticed the sleep/wake button was kind of slanted on one side, so I used the most of my appointment at the apple store to an advantage (was for my mac with baterry issues), and asked what I could do about it. The Genius, which to my surprise was fairly awesome and knowlageable, unlike the phone/checkout girl, told me that since it's still under warranty, I could just simply make another appointment and they would replace it.

So onto my questions;

- If I have a black iPhone, any possible way to ask very nicely to get a white one?

- I know they don't return the screen protectors, but if you had one on, do they make you buy another, or give you one for free? (Possible ask nicely?)

- I know that backing up with iTunes saves contacts and such, and that for the most part I can't update the sim card contact info from the phone directly, but is there a way to do this?

- Lastly but not least, I heard you have a certain ammount if time to return your refurbished product, can anyone confirm this and how long it is?

EDIT:

Welllll, i got back from the local store, and i gotta say, service was awesome, got in and out in about 10 minutes with my replacement! Wasn't able to get the white one though, but still, politeness is the key; the Genius noticed my case was breaking so he suggested a new one =p Which was bit pricy at $35, but get the protection job done, and doesn't get stuck in my pockets like the previous one lol.
  2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

-screen protector probably not gonna give u a free one
    -they might give u a white one if u really really ask politely
    -itunes backup saves every contact and stuff, u can also sync that to google, im preety sure that iphone cant edit sim contacts though
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Very very unlikely; They get requests like this all the time. They are not allowed to trade for anything except the same phone (unless the product is no longer available). I have tried myself even when they are out of stock and all they can offer is to order a new phone in for me.

It can't hurt to ask but I doubt they are going to give you one; they warranty the phone itself not the accessories you put on it. Some screen protectors are washable and reusable; might be able to reuse your old one but not sure how well that will work.

Nothing I have heard of with the iPhone; sorry.

The warranty will still carry over from your original purchase. I don't think they will let you return a refurbished one for a refund but if it has a problem they will replace it with another one.
  4. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    O.0 quick replies thanks ^_^

As for the iPhone switch, I'll ask, if not o well, can't really hurt to ask. =p
    and, from recent experiences, and if I get the same genius i got, maybe he can do the replacement lol. And I'm guessing one of the simple ways would be to simply get another phone, and add the new contacts I guess.

Anyways, thanks forthe quick replies and wish me luck! XD
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Never hurts to ask for sure. You might get lucky and get everything you want. My only suggestion is to be nice about it; From what I have seen they are happier to help the polite people than the people raising hell.

As far as your contacts; just create a backup of your iPhone before you go in; when you get the new iPhone restore from your old backup and that will transfer everything over; contacts, SMS, photos, etc...
  6. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, i know what you mean =p

I had two appointments for Saturday, to get both of them over with, then i get there, and i apparently didn't have my first one for my phone -.- So i was like.. should i just complain or be calm and nice.... then i noticed they had free wifi and just sat down and waited bit for my mac appointment (Which tuned out great, even got a free battery when i wasn't supposed to lol), and was nice and all, then at the end, the Genus said he'd check it my phone for me, and said i could get it replaced and all since its still under warranty. =)

Guessing your right =p