••• ssh killed? ••• can't connect... need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macmercy, Feb 7, 2008.

1. macmercy

macmercy New Member

First: I'm on a Mac.

After installing (and uninstalling) the software iPhoneDrive on my Mac, I can't connect anymore to my jailbreaked 1.1.3 iPod Touch. Tried to connect with my FTP-program Transmit via ssh: root - alpine like always and I got an access denied after several seconds.

Uninstalling/Installing the actual OpenSSH didn't solve the problem. Anyone a hint for me? Thanks!
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Try downloading services and see if SSH is on.
    If it isn't, there is your problem.

If it's not, try uninstalling iPhone Drive, it might have something to do with it by blocking something for some reason.
  3. macmercy

macmercy New Member

SSH is on. Verified with BossPrefs and Services.

Completely uninstalled iPhoneDrive - rebooted. Rebooted Touch. Nothing...
    Uninstalled OpenSSH, reinstalled BSD Subsystem, reinstalled OpenSSH. Nothing.

Seems, as if something changed the password. I thought, that changing the password (BSD Subsystem 2.0 + jailb. 1.1.3 Touch) will mess up the Springboard - but that's ok. Everything on the Touch is ok. But I can't connect via SSH.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh....
  4. apgiles

apgiles New Member

@macmercy: I replied on another thread. I just had success with root + alpine in the LASTEST version of Cyberduck (ver 2.8.4). The old version of Cyberduck worked fine in 1.1.2; maybe just the act of upgrading it tweaked something. Who knows? As a possible fix, try updating your FTP client (or trying Cyberduck). Worked for me.