“BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0” - A Warning from Hell

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wipeout55, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Wipeout55

Wipeout55 New Member

I remember when I first got my iPod Touch. I went to go jailbreak it, first thing I came across was ZiPhone. This was right when 1.1.3 came out, and I was using a 16GB. Big mistake. I used ZiPhone, and on reboot, that dreadful error kept coming up. Needless to say, I panicked. As a Apple n00b, I had no idea what it was. The fact that I just wasted most of my savings on it was no comfort either. Well luckily, there were other people having the same problem and I did solve it.

Moral of the Story: DON'T JAILBREAK A 16GB IPOD TOUCH RUNNING 1.1.3 WITH ZIPHONE 2.8.
    Ok, so there's no moral.

The point of this entire post (actually not to raise post count =P): Mostly cause I was bored, but did anybody else go nuts over this?
  2. miedwards72

miedwards72 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I can't believe this was posted today. That was a blast from the past. Last year! Upgrade to 2.2 and life will be so much better. Actually any 2.x will make your life better. 1.x is like the beta max, obsolete!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Forget, I notice you are already on it. I too had that problem last year. I freaked. Luckily the good people at this forum showed me how to fix it. Your post reminded me of how much I hated 1.1.x firmware. I meant no disrespect with my first post.
  3. Wipeout55

Wipeout55 New Member

Lol don't worry dude, I actually didn't mind 1.1.x (at least at the time). It had lots of cool apps, the only thing i didn't think was that anytime i had to force reboot, it goes into Recovery Mode! So much for my music the next day...