£5.99 OMG. Madness

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by akki007, Jul 12, 2008.

1. akki007

akki007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why are people risking downloading 2.0 from *******s and potentially risking an expensive device for the sake of saving £5.99? Seems odd to me.
  2. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i know. if they could afford at least like £200 for the damn ipod, cant they afford a mere £6?
  3. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well 9.95 (U.S) isn't a lot but it's getting the money into iTunes that can sometimes be a pain. And besides, most people here are like 9+. They don't have jobs, and their parents bought the iPod for them. I'm not saying it's good to steal the firmware though. I didn't.
  4. dancemaster345

dancemaster345 New Member

Thats Why They Made iTunes Cards.
  5. Gonzo89

Gonzo89 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Exactly my thoughts. I think they should have subsidised people who bought the January update, but for what you are getting with 2.0 £5.99 is a very good price.

Normally I'm against greedy companies, but Apple arent overcharging for this I dont think. I waited through the problems last night by shrugging and going to sleep, much easier than having the hassle of potentially breaking my ipod for the sake of getting the update a few hours quicker.
  6. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You still need a credit card in their system (unless you know how to get an iTunes account another way) (me

Please Register or Log in to view images

). I know i'm going back on my word when i said "if you can't buy the update, why did you get the iPod?" But I don't think anybody was expecting to pay for updates. Still doesn't mean you shouldn't pay for it though.
  7. dancemaster345

dancemaster345 New Member

I dont see why people wanted the un-official leak of the firmware, when the "OFFICIAL" firmware was going to be released later in the day.