Apple is going to take the wraps off the sixth version of its iOS mobile operating system next Monday at the company’s annual WWDC keynote, and it’s going to be extremely exciting.
If you are wondering what to expect, we have created a tidy list that contains most of the features iOS 6 should have for your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Remember that some of these features are based entirely on rumors and speculation leading up to WWDC 2012.
- A brand new Maps application that departs from Google Maps and uses Apple’s own in-house mapping solution with stunning 3D maps
- Siri for iPad, although the feature may be limited to the new iPad with Retina display
- A silver user interface instead of the traditional blue and black design
- Facebook integration system-wide
- Redesigned stock apps ranging from Camera and Photos to the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBookstore
- Several OS X Mountain Lion features including iCloud Tabs support, Mail VIPs, and a “Do Not Disturb” toggle for Notification Center