Forum member ss2man44 has created a MobileSubstrate tweak to enable HDR photos to be captured on the iPod touch 4. In practice, it does make the iPod touch 4G’s subpar camera perform noticeably better.
The tweak requires you to be jailbroken, and supports the iPod touch 4G (all capacities). HDREnabler boasts the following features:
- Adds HDR capabilities to the iPod Touch 4G
- Does not brick your device (even when uninstalling!)
- Does not distribute Apple’s copyrighted code
- Does not slow down your device
- Does not have buggy LED flash toggle controls (hides flash button in camera app)
- Is available in Cydia now!
The big feature here is just how simple it is to install (and uninstall), and the fact that it does not have the LED flash toggle that is present with the .plist hack.
The current version of HDREnabler is 1.1, which eliminates the previous version’s dependencies, increases stability, and makes it completely based off of MobileSubstrate
You’ll be able to find the MobileSubstrate add-on in Cydia on the BigBoss repo. Just open up Cydia and search for ‘HDREnabler,’ download, install, and have fun with an improved camera!
Thanks to ss2man44 for the fantastic tweak!