New photos of the next generation 9.7″ iPad’s front panel surfaced last night, again suggesting that Apple is planning to move toward thinner bezels like the iPad mini.
MacRumors shares some interesting points with us on the new photos.
- The display area is the same as the iPad Retina.
- The edges of the frame are narrower using the same style as the iPad mini.
- The ITO (Indium tin oxide) is the same as the iPad mini.
- There is now 2 connectors instead of 1.
- The connectors have been changed from FFC (Flat Flexible Cable, like the iPad 2/3/4) to FPC (Flexible Printed Circuits, like the iPhone 4/5)
- Stamped on the front panel is a part number of 821-1892-02, which matches the format used by Apple on many of its iOS device components.
You can view the gallery of the new photos below.
Late last week a new video emerged showcasing the iPad 5′s rear shell.
Apple is expected to launch the next-generation iPad and iPhone in the fall with the release of iOS 7. What do you think of these new photos?