Every day there are countless updates and releases across the App Store. Unless you have tons of extra time and check your App Store app every day for changes, you probably miss out on those that are most important. Furthermore, apps that you don’t already own might see changes that convince you to give them a try! Read on for today’s notable app updates and releases.
- Rovio, the creator of the unmistakable Angry Birds hit for iOS, has announced a new feature that will span its entire library of game. You can use your “Rovio Account” to sync your gameplay data to the cloud and resume playing from where you left off on another device.
- RunKeeper, a popular fitness app for iOS, has been updated today to support for the Pebble smartwatch. The update allows you to use your Pebble to pause and resume RunKeeper and view stats during a work out.
- Boingo Wireless updated its iOS app today to support a new $7.99 subscription service payable through iTunes. Boingo has over 600,000 hotspots worldwide. The Boingo app itself is completely free.
- The hit iOS game Plants vs. Zombies has yet to see a refresh, but a video released today by PopCap has introduced the game as Plants vs. Zombies 2: It’s About Time.
- Google today announced that it is ready for developers to integrate Chrome into their iOS apps. The in-app browser will supposedly allow users to return to the app with “just one tap.”