Have you been using your iPhone unlocked on T-Mobile since the dawn of time? As T-Mobile announced at the end of last month, they are now officially supporting Apple’s flagship handset–and its pre-orders began today. With this announcement also came news that the carrier will be supporting LTE, visual voicemail, as well as an assortment of other features
What about those of you that already own an iPhone and use it unlocked on T-Mobile? The carrier has begun rolling out a carrier software update that enables all the features new customers will be getting, so you will most likely be getting the full T-Mobile iPhone experience even before new customers receive their orders on April 12th. Full list of features coming with the update after the break.
Enables the following:
- Visual Voicemail
- 4G network indicator
- Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS)
- AWS LTE (T-Mobile and officially unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 only)
- HD Voice (T-Mobile and officially unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 only)
- AWS HSPA+ (T-Mobile and new 2013 AT&T iPhone 5 only)
- MMS Settings
- Personal Hotspot Settings (Smartphone Mobile Hotspot)
- APN settings for LTE connectivity
- My Account bookmark
The update is rolling out by region, so please be patient. This is not an iOS software update, it is a carrier update. You can manually trigger a check for new carrier updates by going to Settings > General > About.