Last Monday iOS 6.1 arrived, and its jailbreak arrived almost exactly a week later. And it will go down in history that a couple days after the release of evasi0n, Apple seeded the first beta of iOS 6.1.1 to developers.
What this will mean for jailbreakers is yet to be seen, but the update is most likely just bug fixes of some kind. If it is a fix of the holes that evasi0n exploited, now is a good time to remind you that you should probably update to iOS 6.1 soon. When apple releases iOS 6.1.1, they will undoubtedly stop signing iOS 6.1. In that case, you’ll be stuck without the great features in iOS 6.1, (assuming 6.1.1 breaks the jailbreak.)
Stay tuned, we’ll let you know what the ramifications of this update are as soon as we do.
According to 9to5Mac:
iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 includes the following improvements to Maps for Japan:
- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway color to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower