The day that we have been anxiously waiting for has finally arrived. The iOS 6 untethered jailbreak is finally here, and we have step-by-step instructions for OS X, Windows and Linux users just ahead. Grab your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and follow along after the break.
Step-by-Step Jailbreak Instructions
- Download the latest version of evasi0n (OS X, Windows, Linux) and, if necessary, unzip the tool. You may need to run Evasi0n in administrator mode on Windows.
- Connect your device to the computer through the USB port, and launch the Evasi0n application.
- With your device plugged in, hit the Jailbreak button to begin. If you have not yet disabled your passcode on your device, it is advised that you do so. Head to Settings > General > Passcode to disable it.
- Evasi0n will begin uploading the new RAM Disk and Kernel.
- Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will now reboot.
- You will be walked through a process of tapping the “Jailbreak” icon. Tap it only once! Your device will reboot once more.
- Your device is now jailbroken running iOS 6 with Cydia.
- You can now re-enable your passcode for your device. You’re all done.
Now that you have jailbroken your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, be sure to read our Ultimate Guide to iOS 6 Jailbreak and browse the iFans blog and discussion forums for the latest jailbreak content. In particular, check out our Cydia blog archives and dedicated forum section for the latest tweaks, mods and utilities.