Now that you’ve jailbroken your iPhone 4, and fixed the FaceTime bug, it’s time to make video calls over 3g. Apple disabled this by default because of the potentially crippling effect of AT&T’s network, so now it’s your turn to bring down your local cell tower. Good luck!
- Upgrade to the latest Cydia
- Go to “Manage”, “Sources”, and add the following URL to the list: http://apt.modmyi.com/
- Now, search for the app “My3g” and install it.
- Setup Rock with your username and password, and open My3g. Leave all the settings to their defaults.
- Turn off or forget the current WiFi network so it will default to 3g.
- Try it out!
The quality will depend entirely on your connection strength, but the demo video at the source shows it working nearly flawlessly. Let us know how well it works in the comments.