You would think this would have been one of the more obvious square off posts, as the Samsung Galaxy S III and the iPhone 5 are probably the two of the most popular of this generation’s smartphones. But please don’t worry, we didn’t forget the Nexus 4 — that debate can be found here.
iFans forum member An Outright Nihilist started a thread last Thursday asking which phone he should buy: the Galaxy S III or the iPhone 5. It goes without saying that this discussion blew up. Follow after the break for the full specs of both devices, and hit the comments to let us know what you think!
- Design and Manufacturing: Apple / Foxconn
- Release date: September 21, 2012, Price: $199 (subsidized), $649.99 (unsubsidized)
- Operating system: iOS 6.0.1
- Screen size: 4-inches (measured diagonally)
- Mobile processor: 1.3 GHz dual-core processor, Memory: 1 GB RAM
- App Ecosystem: App Store / 700,000 – 1,000,000 apps
Galaxy S III
- Design and Manufacturing: Google / Samsung
- Release date: May 29th, 2012, Price: $199 (subsidized), $549.99 (unsubsidized)
- Operating system: Android 4.1
- Screen size: 4.8-inches (measured diagonally)
- Mobile processor: 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, Memory: 2 GB RAM
- App Ecosystem: Google Play / 700,000 apps