iOS Trumps Android on the Web


According to the latest numbers, iOS devices are accessing the mobile web far more than Android devices. Chitika Insights is out with a new six-month study that compares mobile web usage between iOS and Android, and the data shows the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with a 67 percent stake over Android’s remaining 33 percent share.

The data was collected between May and November of this year, during which iOS and Android saw a 2 percent increase and 2 percent decrease in market share respectively. Android peaked at 40 percent market share in August, in part because of strong Galaxy S III sales, although iOS made strong gains upon the release of iOS 6 and the iPhone 5 in September.

The difference in mobile web share usage between iOS and Android is largely attributed to Apple’s dominant position in the tablet market, with millions of iPad and iPad minis having been sold. Apple also has the iPod touch portable media player, while interest in Android devices has been geared primarily towards smartphones only.

[MacRumors]

Post a response / What do you think?