Apple is now seeding a carrier settings update to the iPhone 5 on Verizon Wireless that “resolves an issue in which, under certain circumstances, iPhone 5 may use Verizon cellular data while the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.”
To make sure that your iPhone 5 on the Verizon network is not leaking data, carrier settings update 13.1 can be installed by performing the following steps on your iPhone. It might be recommended to check your phone bill for the next billing cycle to ensure that you have not received any extra or unwarranted charges.
- Tap Settings > General > About.
- Wait for the on-screen alert to appear (pictured top right).
- Tap OK to install the update.
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button down until you see “slide to power off”.
- Slide to power off.
- After the device powers off, hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your phone back on.