Thanks to a bug in the redesigned App Store in iOS 6, a tipster for 9to5Mac has discovered that Twitter for iPhone is set to receive a major redesign that includes increased interaction, enhanced notifications and personalized trends.
Release notes for the forthcoming Twitter for iPhone 4.3 update were leaked on the App Store prematurely, revealing a number of new features for the mobile Twitter app that should be available in a matter of days. A summary of the official release notes can be found just ahead.
- More interactive Tweet view experience: content previews, videos, images and more will now be shown within tweets containing links to “partner websites.”
- Tweets about “selected events” will now be highlighted. Twitter will curate the relevant tweets and images
- In the Connect tab, autocomplete improvements will be now be present. Twitter rolled out something similar to their official website last week.
- Major push notifications enhancement: You will now be able to choose to receive push notifications when certain people tweet
- Like in Tweetbot, you will now be able to receive unobtrusive Twitter notifications while you are using the app.
- The Discover tab will now be able to alert users when new content is ready for perusal
- Personalized Trends
- You will now be able to tap a user’s avatar to be taken to their profile page
- Improved performance
- You will now be able to manually input your password when having authentication issues
- Hungarian localization
- Finally: the new Twitter logo will be features on the icon (“The new Twitter bird”)
- Also promised is a slew of other tweaks, polish, and bug fixes