With just hours to go until the WWDC 2012 opening keynote, where Apple is expected to announce iOS 6, new Macs and more, 9to5Mac has leaked what it believes to be the specifications for the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro models. Depending on your configuration, the specifications for the Mac Pro, which has not been updated in nearly two years, are as follows:
- Normal configuration: 3.2GHz quad-core processor, 6GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive, and the ATI Radeon 5770 graphics chip.
- Normal configuration: 2.4GHz 12-core processor, 12GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive, and the ATI Radeon 5770 graphics chip.
- Server configuration: 3.2GHz quad-core processor, 8GB of RAM, Two 1TB hard drives
The next-generation MacBook Pro models will be released in two flavors. Apple will release both new MacBook Pros with Retina displays, in addition to a seperate lineup of spec-bumped MacBook Pros. The details on those spec-bumped MacBook Pros are just ahead.
- 13.3 inch: 2.5GHz dual core processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive
- 13.3 inch: 2.9GHz dual core processor, 8GB of RAM, 750GB hard drive
- 15.4 inch: 2.3GHz quad core processor, 4GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive
- 15.4 inch: 2.6GHz quad core processor, 8GB of RAM, 750GB hard drive (BTO upgrades to 2.7GHz quad core and 1TB HD will be available)