It was a bumpy ride, prototype leaks, a house raid, and possibly-attributable suicides, but here we are. Apple has just unveiled the next genereation iPhone, dubbed iPhone 4 (not 4G).
We’ve heard it all before, thanks to the leaks, but current, confirmed specs are:
- 9.3 MM thin, 24% thinner than the iPhone 3GS.
- Front facing camera.
- 5MP Rear Camera, with an LED Flash. 720p HD Video Recording
- Dramatically improved screen, 960×640 over the previous 480×320. This is above the threshold for human eyes, IE this is the highest definition screen, with discernible difference, possible.
- Completely refreshed design.
The new iPhone also sports Apple’s A4 – the in-house processor used in the iPad. The addition of a gyroscope gives even more precise and responsive 3D rotation.
iPhone 4 has an improved battery too.
- 7 hours talk time.
- 6 hours of 3G browsing.
- 10 hours of WiFi browsing.
- 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music.
- 300 hours of standby.