Following the release of OS X Mountain Lion (Developer Preview 3), Apple has seeded a new beta of Safari 5.2 in addition to Xcode 4.4 (Developer Preview 3) to developers. OS X Mountain Lion is expected to launch this summer, bringing several iOS features to the Mac.
Safari 5.2 Update 3:
Among the usual bug fixes, Safari 5.2 Update 3 comes with a new scalable vector graphics filter, redesigned Web Inspector and HTML5 media controllers. Also included are CSS filters, Web Audio API and HTML5 timed tracks.
Xcode 4.4 Developer Preview 3:
The preview of Xcode 4.4 includes an updated Apple LLVM Compiler version 4.0. According to the release notes for the software, enhancements include:
- Objective-C language features
- Improved support for the 2011 C++ standard
- Major improvements to Xcode’s static analyzer
- New interface builder support for AppKit features
- A viewer and editor for 3D files as .DAE documents
- Improvements to the Find Bar and Search Navigator
- Integrated QuickHelp in code completion
- Tweaks to the source editor jump bar popup