The New York Times reports that Apple CEO Tim Cook was the highest paid chief executive officer in the United States last year, earning about $378 million. Cook’s income is based on salary, perks, and bonuses, including a one-time stock bonus worth over $376 million that cashes out over the next 10 years.
Larry Ellison of Oracle was second with $77.6 million, while J.C. Penney’s Ronald Johnson followed behind at $53.3 million. The overall median compensation for CEOs in the United States rose $14.4 million last year, based on Equilar research. Read on to find out who rounds off the top ten highest-paid CEOs in the United States last year.
- No. 4: Philippe Dauman, Viacom Inc., $43.1 million
- No. 5: David Cote, Honeywell International Inc., $35.3 million
- No. 6: Stephen Chazen, Occidental Petroleum Corp., $31.7 million
- No. 7: Robert Iger, Walt Disney Co., $31.4 million
- No. 8: Clarence Cazalot Jr., Marathon Oil Corp., $29.9 million
- No. 9: Alan Mulally, Ford Motor Co., $29.5 million
- No. 10: Rupert Murdoch, News Corp., $29.4 million