Apple has released iAd Producer 2.1, an updated version of its ad creation tool for Mac that allows registered Apple developers to design and test their iAds for the iOS platform.
Version 2.1 includes support for the new iPad, allows for Twitter integration in ads, improves ad performance, and more. Check out the complete list of new features ahead.
From the Release Notes:
- Provides improved load and save performance for iAd projects.
- Improves the performance of exported ad units.
- Facilitates better pre-load behavior for assets in exported ad units.
- Allows ad upload and testing with iOS devices connected via USB.
- Reduces device memory usage for image views.
- Enables use of image sprites.
- Provides support for on-device debugging.
- Enables Twitter integration in iAd content.
- Simplifies visualization of animations by providing an onion-skinning view.
- Expands the types of assets that can be imported and managed in the asset library to include common document types.
- Supports the new media object in iAd JS.
- Provides support for integration of WebGL assets in iAd content.
- Extends device support to include iPad (3rd generation).