Just hours ago, FireCore updated their Seas0npass jailbreaking utility to allow for second-generation Apple TV users to jailbreak the set-top TV box running “Apple TV 5.0″ — the equivalent of iOS 5.1. To help you through the process, we have put together a handy walk-through for using Seas0nPass with your Apple TV 2 just ahead.
2. Select the ‘Create IPSW’ button to start the jailbreak process.
3. The latest Apple TV software will be downloaded and used to create a custom ‘jailbroken’ software file.
4. When prompted, connect your Apple TV to your Mac/PC using a micro-USB cable. Leave the power cable disconnected.
5. Once the light on the front of the Apple TV begins to flash rapidly, point the remote at the Apple TV and hold down both the Menu and Down buttons for about 7 seconds. The remote must be a newer aluminum one, not a white plastic model.
6. iTunes will open automatically and start the restore process. iTunes will confirm the restore when complete.
7. Your second-generation Apple TV should be successfully jailbroken!
To Boot Tethered:
1. Open Seas0nPass and select the ‘Boot Tethered’ option.
2. When prompted, connect the Apple TV to your computer via USB. Wait for the rapid flashing light, and then connect the power. Once both are connected hold both the ‘MENU’ and ‘PLAY/PAUSE’ buttons for 7 seven seconds.
3. Seas0nPass will complete the tethered boot automatically. Once complete, remove the USB cable and connect the HDMI cable.
Thanks, Tkf1! Disclaimer: The screenshots and images above are not exclusive property of iFans.com.