iPhone OS 4.0 Beta 3 and the accompanying SDK have just been released by Apple. The beta is available to members of the iPhone Developer Program, I would like to take the time to remind you of our rules on discussing the iPhone 4.0 beta here. This post will be updated with the new features found as people install it.
Read more to see a list of new features we’ve found in the Beta 3.
New Features Found
- Orientation Lock
- Widgets in the Multitasking Bar
- Possibly a landscape springboard on the way, if Orientation Lock is present?!
- New multitasking dock background. Looks more like the iPad’s now, not that horrible studded metal one from Beta 1 and 2.
- Now, when you press and hold on an icon in the multitasking bar, ALL icons will show the Minus sign next to them, so you can quickly close multiple apps without having to: “press+hold, minus, press+hold, minus, press+hold, minus, etc” – Much easier.
- Screenshots and Camera NOW WORK. (they were broken in beta 2, massive bug, reason myself and many others didn’t update to beta 2!)