The legacy Windows desktop application WinZip has made its way to the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, available as a free download from the App Store. For over twenty years, WinZip has served as a popular utility for file compression, file sharing, file encryption and data backup.
With WinZip, you can open emails on your iOS device and decompress .zip files and attachments. You can also copy these files to your device’s clipboard, otherwise known as the copy and paste. Complete release notes are ahead…
WinZip, the leader of file compression for over 20 years and the creators of WinZip the world’s # 1 zip utility for file compression, file sharing, file encryption and data backup.
With WinZip, a zip file management application for iPhone and iPad you can:
- - Open Zip files and Zip attachments from email
- - Browse and view Zip files, including multi-file attachments
- - Open encrypted Zip files
- - Copy the contents of Zip files to the clipboard
- - View Zip file attachments from webmail (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc)
- - Zipped file types that can be previewed: .txt, .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .rtf, .pdf, .key, .numbers, .pages, .htm, .htm, .jsp, .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .png, .gif