iOS hacker iH8sn0w updated sn0wbreeze, a custom firmware tool, to version 2.9 yesterday to celebrate its second birthday. Sn0wbreeze now supports a variety of old and new iOS versions alike, including firmwares 3.1.3, 3.2.x, 4.0.x, 4.1, 4.2.1 – 4.2.8, 4.3 – 4.3.3, and 5.0.1.
Official Release Notes:
- Brought back old firmware support in one release!
- GUI Improvements
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs!
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices.
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module.
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now.
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered.
- A5 devices are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit.