Late this evening, Apple released an update for their e-books app iBooks. Version 1.5 isn’t just a small update with mere improvements, but instead includes a slew of new features. The update introduces a much-need night theme for nocturnal readers, a full-screen layout for folks who may get distracted by the few buttons at the top of the screen, some beautiful classic book covers with fancy textures, and a few other improvements and feature additions. Please note that the full-screen layout is only available on the iPad and not the iPhone or iPod touch.
iBooks 1.5 adds the following new features as well as some stability and performance improvements:
• Nighttime reading theme makes reading books in the dark easier on the eyes.
• Full-screen layout lets you focus on the words without distraction.
• iBooks now features an improved selection of fonts, including Athelas, Charter, Iowan, and Seravek.
• Beautiful new classic covers for public domain books.
• Support for pop-up footnotes, included in select iBookstore titles.
• A redesigned annotation palette makes it easier to choose a color for your highlighted text.
So there you have it — iBooks 1.5. The update is available on the App Store right now, so go grab it and enjoy the new feature additions!