The devs behind Remember the Milk, the excellent little cross-platform task manager, have discovered a clever loophole that allows the application to be used with Siri. By adding a RTM CalDav account to iOS’s account settings, Remember the Milk can be set as the default app for reminders—allowing it to be used automagically with Siri. We expect other applications will use similar methods in order to work with Siri, since Apple doesn’t provide an easy way to hook into the voice assistant.
Ready to get started?
Follow these quick instructions, and you’ll be adding tasks to Remember The Milk with Siri in no time.
- Open Settings on your iPhone 4S
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account…
- Tap Other
- Underneath Calendars, tap Add CalDav Account
- In the ‘Server’ field, enter: www.rememberthemilk.com
- In the ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ fields, enter your Remember The Milk details
- Tap Next
- You should be returned to Mail, Contacts, Calendars, with the account added. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and tap Default List
- Tap Remember The Milk
- You’re done! Start asking Siri to remind you about tasks.