Tomorrow is the big day that the Apple community has been awaiting for several months. Once the months of June and July passed without a new iPhone being introduced, many eyebrows were raised and an onslaught of rumors quickly followed to help answer people’s questions about Apple’s plans. August passed, and then September, until Apple finally officially announced its fall media “let’s talk iPhone” event that will take place on October 4th at 10:00 AM Pacific. So, what to expect?
1. iPhone 4S — Accessory makers, carriers, and even Apple themselves have all made references to an iPhone 4S with the same form factor design as the present iPhone 4. The iPhone 4S won’t be the same on the inside, however, as it is expected to house the iPad 2′s dual-core A5 processor and 1GB of RAM. The phone will also boast a new 8-megapixel camera, improved antenna signal (sans “antennagate“), and longer-lasting battery should speculation prove to be true.
2. Tim Cook, not Steve Jobs – Apple’s keynote will be solely hosted by the Cupertino-based company’s new chief executive, Tim Cook, in lieu of Steve Jobs. Don’t count on Jobs to make an appearance whatsoever during the keynote, as he is allegedly not feeling well enough to make a public appearance according to analysts.
3. Announced discontinuation of the iPod classic and iPod shuffle – Unfortunately, the iPod family will lose two longtime members.
4. iOS 5 previewed, launches with iPhone 4S — Expect Apple’s fifth iteration of their iOS operating system to be shown off at the event tomorrow… will be a free update.
5. Siri’s Assistant – Yeah, it’s a much-anticipated and highly speculated feature of iOS 5 that we’ll finally see an official preview of.
6. One More Thing… – Whether it be a new iPod touch, or perhaps a fluke appearance by Steve Jobs after all, there’s definitely something exciting in store for tomorrow…