Now that Google has released Google+ to the public, they’ve also updated their iOS app with some great new features and improvements. These include Hangouts mobile, which allows you to join a Hangout from the app itself instead of using your desktop. There is also a selective push notification setting that has been added if you were annoyed by getting only notifications for everything instead of individual feeds like shares or comments. Huddle has been renamed “Messenger” to make it easier for users to find – since Apple’s OS is simple, after all.
You can now +1 comments. This change should have been in the original version, but it seems that they kept it minimal until the service was public.
Lastly, of course, there are some bug fixes and performance improvements and you should notice things are a bit snappier as well.
If you want to take a look at all the changes listed by Google, head past the break. You can go download the Google+ iOS app here, or update it if you have it.
* Join Hangouts from the mobile app
* Huddle is now Messenger
* Send photos in Messenger
* +1 on comments
* Reliability improvements in Messenger
* Granular push notification settings
* Map view in profile for places you’ve lived
* Improved +mention support
* Share a post with individuals
* Improved public search for people
* Various bug and performance improvements