iPhone, Assemble!

According to a report by Macotakara, Apple has already begun assembling iPhone 5 units despite the fact that iOS 5 is not ready for prime time. Sources note that Foxconn is responsible for manufacturing 85 percent of the devices, and Pegatron is picking up the remaining 15 percent. Hopefully, distributing the load and preemptively assembling the devices will reduce bottlenecks and improve shipping times once the phone is released to the public. Apple is expected to announce the device either sometime this month or early October, but as usual, the team at Cupertino is keeping their lips tightly sealed.


Post a response / What do you think?