Forum member Appman, author of the popular Zune HD Ultimate theme, released a fun tweak today. AirplaneMode Switch allows you to change the icon and title of your iOS device’s Airplane mode to “Helicopter” or “Stealth” mode.
How to install (iOS 4 and 5)
- Navigate to /Applications/Preferences.app and back up the files Settings-Air@2x.png and Settings-Air.png
- Then, navigate to /Applications/Preferences.app/English.lproj and back up the Settings~iphone.strings file.
- Once those are all backed up, download THIS. Take the Settings-Air@2x.png and Settings-Air.png from either Stealth or Helicopter folder and drop them in /Applications/Preferences.app
- Then, navigate to /Applications/Preferences.app/English.lproj and open up Settings~iphone.strings in your favorite editor (iFile works great). Find the line ‘Airplane Mode’ = ‘Airplane Mode’ and change it to ‘Airplane Mode’ = ‘Stealth Mode’ or ‘Airplane Mode’ = ‘Helicopter Mode’
- Save the file and respring or reboot